Who we are
PRHS is a trading name of Philip & Robert Howard Solicitors Limited, registered in England and Wales: 08185212
Registered Office: 14 Wesley Street, Castleford, West Yorkshire, WF10 1AE
Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority: 571131
We take the privacy and confidentiality of our clients, potential clients, ex-clients and their affiliates very seriously and we are committed to protecting it.
We may use your personal information:
- To contact you to discuss your enquiry using the contact details provided by you in our enquiry forms, claim forms or by email;
- to perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual or company to provide legal or other services;
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or proceedings;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- for legitimate business purposes; or
- to contact you to tell you about updates, products or services that may be of interest to you, provided by us or other members of the PRH Solicitors, if you have provided your consent (where necessary) for such use, or the organisation that you work for has obtained your consent (where necessary).
How we collect your personal information
We collect and process your personal information in order to facilitate the provision of the professional service(s) for which you have instructed, or may instruct, us. The personal information you supply to us in connection with your claim may include: your name, address, contact details, date of birth, details of the circumstances of the claim or incident and any damage, injury or loss suffered by you, National Insurance number, employment and GP details including records held by your employer and GP.
Most of this information will have been provided by you, however there may be instances where it comes from other sources or third parties. For example, we may receive it from a medical report from your GP in the course of assisting with a personal injury claim.
Your personal data will be held in electronic and/or manual format.
Why we collect your personal information
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- the provision of legal advice;
- the administration and management of your claim including conflict checking and billing;
- the legitimate business purposes associated with the operating of a law firm, such as client satisfaction surveys and auditing;
- to provide services ancillary to your claim, for example, car replacement hire, the recovery of the car hire costs, medical assistance and reports, insurance products; and/or
- to comply with any laws or regulations.
Sharing your personal information outside of PRH Solicitors
We may need to communicate your personal information to other individuals or organisations to facilitate your claim. For example:
- medical experts for the purpose of obtaining medical reports or acting as expert witnesses;
- car rental companies for the purpose of obtaining a replacement car;
- insurance underwriters for the purpose of assessing and validating your claim or to enable them to provide cover under an insurance policy such as legal expenses insurers;
- insurance companies/brokers/third party introducers who referred your claim to us for the purpose of complying with our contractual obligations regarding details of the claim we process;
- credit hire companies you may have contracted;
- any employer who has paid sick pay which is to be recovered as part of your personal injury claim; and/or
- other members of the PRH Solicitors for legal advice and/or specialist services necessary to facilitate the pursuit of your claim.
In facilitating your claim, we may also transfer your information to third parties providing us with support and administrative services for the more efficient processing of your claim and/or the legitimate business purposes associated with the operating of a law firm. Your details will be processed in each case in strict confidence and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any third party has sound security measures.
If after providing us with your personal information it becomes apparent we are unable to offer our service to you, we may, with your consent, pass your details to another company who may be able to assist you.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have a number of legal rights over the personal information held by us. These include the right:
- to access your personal information held in our records, whether electronically or manually;
- to correct or update any personal information that you think is incorrect;
- to object to further processing, including stop receiving marketing material from us which you previously signed up for, by updating your marketing preferences;
- to ask us to delete your personal information. We will only be able to accommodate this request where it is no longer necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was provided or where we no longer have a lawful basis to process your personal information;
- to receive the personal information we hold about you in a portable format, however this need only be provided in limited circumstances where the processing has been done by automated means; and
- to ask us to stop processing your personal information in certain circumstances. Asking us to stop doing this may mean we are no longer able to provide you with legal services and impact your client retainer.
You should contact us should you wish to have access to this information or to update or complete any of our records pertaining to your personal information. Requests can be made to our Data Protection Officer:
Philip & Robert Howard Solicitors Limited
14 Wesley Street
Castleford, WF10 1AE
For more information about this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint in relation to the way we process your personal information, please contact email@example.com. We will endeavour to resolve any complaints, however if we are unable to do so to your satisfaction, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the website is www.ico.org.uk or their telephone helpline 0303 123 1113.